It Seems She Hangs Upon The Cheek Of Night

Juliet died Tuesday morning.

I knew she was dying when I saw her in the morning.  I don’t really know how I knew but I did.  I immediately called the vet a few blocks from my house but she died as we were about to leave the apartment.

I’m pretty upset about it.

She will be buried with Romeo upstate.  Now they can bicker and squabble forever.

I had other things to write about but they will have to wait.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to It Seems She Hangs Upon The Cheek Of Night

1. Vickie says:

Hello, I just found your blog a few weeks ago searching for good recipes for birds. So unfortunately I did not get to know Juliet but I know how very heart-breaking it can be to lose a pet you love. I’m so very sorry for your loss.

• HungryBird says:

Thank you very much. Juliet was actually a boy and Romeo was a girl but I was unable to wrap my mind around that so I kept their names as they were. Juliet will always remain a she in my mind.

2. Marty says:

I’m so sorry to hear about Juliet passing. I have gone through this throught my 55 years of raising my beautiful canaries. I know that you gave her a wonderful home just as I do for my birds. I’m just wondering how old she was? My canaries usually live till 14 or even up to 17 years. I love each and every one of them. I had more then 50 of them but noe only 7 are left. I never sell or give any of them away except to some friends that I know will take good care of them.

Take care of yourself, and again, I am very sorry that you lost your friend.

Marty

• HungryBird says:

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how old Juliet was. In fact the only one whose age I know is Malachite and that’s because I got him when he was just a baby. I was told Romeo and Juliet were the same age but I don’t know if that is true or not. Thanks a lot, I’m taking comfort in the fact that they will be buried together next to my bunnies.

3. Wazeau says:

My condolences. It is so hard to lose someone we love.

• HungryBird says:

Thanks so much, I miss her annoying angry budgie sounds. I loved listening to her and Romeo having heated arguments over perches, toys, food, anything existing in a shared space! My house seems quieter though Squeaky is doing his best to make enough noise for seven birds!

4. Saemma says:

Oh no. Just read this and am so sorry for your loss. Wings up high little one.

5. Coco's Flock says:

Long time no speak. So sorry to hear the sad news. I know how hard it is :( All my best from me, Lola, and Sabrina.